We have new premises at 160a Gloucester Road in March 2023 and we have now created a new post to help us make the most of the potential of our new building. We are looking for a Facilities Administrator to manage and promote the church’s premises and facilities, and to build good relationships with current and potential hirers, community users and church members.
The person appointed will be responsible for:
- Acting as the first point of contact and representative of the church, providing a warm and professional welcome to visitors, and managing telephone and email enquiries.
- Keeping a record of bookings, resolving hiring problems as they arise, and invoicing hirers.
- They will help ensure our building remains secure, safe, clean, and well maintained so that itis a pleasant environment to be in.
The appointment is initially for a fixed term of 18 months, with potential for extension depending on future funding being available.
The appointment requires an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.
The appointment requires an understanding of the aims, ethos and structure of the Baptist Church in the UK.
Next steps and main terms:
- Hours of work and pay: 12 hours per week, at £13 per hour. The hours will be set in agreement with the Line Manager and will be worked over 3 days, for example, 9.30am-1.30pm, Tuesday to Thursday.
- Contract: initial 18 month fixed term contract.
- Location: the postholder will be based at Horfield Baptist Church, 160a Gloucester Road, Bristol.
Next steps: please send an email with a CV attached to
email@example.com, using subject heading Facilities Administrator.
In addition to outlining your qualifications, employment record and names of referees, your CV must demonstrate with examples how you fulfil the ESSENTIAL criteria for the post - see Person Specification.
Closing date: midnight on Sunday 10th March 2024.